As we move closer to 2017, we start to think about our New Year’s resolutions – perhaps yours is to be healthier, to spend more time with loved ones, work harder, etc. We decided to ask residents of Bethany Retirement Living to give advice to the younger generation in the New Year. We know that you can learn a lot from those with 70, 80, 90 (some over 100!) years of life experiences. Here are some words of wisdom from those who have lived through over 6 decades of trials, triumphs and celebrations.
- “One of the things that I enjoyed as a family is to sit along the table and eat and I think it is so important I think to be able to sit around the table and visit with the children to find out how their day was and just have a good conversation.”
- “Love everyone and treat them that way.”
- “Get to know the God that created you. Know him well. Be united with him. Daily. Even minutes. Proclaim his name constantly because he is the way, the truth and the light.”
- “The one thing is to be sure that you have a companion – honest, good morals, good friends like Jesus is.”
- You make up your mind every morning what kind of day you’re going to have. It’s all up here – in your mind.”
- The golden rule from the Bible – treat other people the way you want to be treated.”
We hope you find inspiration in their words as you move into the New Year. May 2017 bring you many blessings and love!
Source: Bethany Blog