No one plans to get injured or need assistance, but it is a welcome relief to know that if you need us, the region’s premier Transitional Care Unit (TCU) is here for you when it matters most. Your physician has recommended transitional care to help your recovery process progress as safely and quickly as possible.
Our transitional care services are available on a short-term basis for those who are well enough to leave hospital care after an injury, illness or surgery but not quite ready to resume all of the daily activities at home without assistance.
Most TCU patients require about two weeks of assistance before they are able to return home.
Our transitional care services include:
- Care team from Sanford Health, Essentia Health and Heartland Network
- State-of-the-art rehabilitative therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Diet and nutrition counseling
- Pharmacy services
- Spiritual care
- Lab and radiology services
- Dependable and compassionate caregivers
- Physical therapy
- Speech therapy
- Exercise and social programming
- Wellness care
- Social services